Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Weekend

Yes, that's my current altitude being shown by my new toy. You probably can't see the current temperature, tide or moon phase, but they're displayed as well. Add to that the barometer, compass and solar charging capability and who could pass it up? Plus, at twice the size of my wrist, it's a bit of a workout to wear; I'm quite sure it's helped to prepare me for the rigorous days ahead.

I'm enjoying time with a good friend in Bear Valley for my final preparation. A little elevation change, definitely some hiking (my pack and boots are in the truck), a run and good company. Perfect.

How is Dave preparing this weekend?He'll also be at a higher elevation and carrying something on his back. But, not his backpack. Maybe he'll post a photo?

1 comment:

  1. Just heard about your adventure. I'm pretty jealous. Hope it goes great!

    ReplyDelete